Tuesday, April 17, 2012

Lullaby

First of all, the word "lullaby" is a really odd word if you think about it. Just saying. Moving on...

I've found I sing random songs to Graham when he's fussy and needing to sleep but fighting it hardcore. The songs vary based on what comes to mind. Sometimes, it's what one would consider a "normal" lullaby, like "Rock-A-Bye Baby", other times it's something like Carrie Underwood's "Good Girl" because I may have just watched that video on CMT. Hey, whatever works. And honestly, if we're comparing the two songs, I think the latter wins. "Rock-A-Bye Baby" is actually quite scary and traumatic when you realize what it's saying.

The one song that always seems to calm Graham is also one that calms me.If I'm tired, stressed, overwhelmed, worn out...whatever the case may be, it brings a peace to my soul as much as it calms his little over-tired self. So, I shall share it with you...I don't think the words will ever get old, or ever stop refreshing my spirit.
Jesus Cast a Look on Me
  1. Jesus, cast a look on me;
    Give me sweet simplicity;
    Make me poor, and keep me low,
    Seeking only Thee to know. 
  2. All that feeds my busy pride,
    Cast it evermore aside;
    Bid my will to Thine submit,
    Lay me humbly at Thy feet.
  3. Make me like a little child,
    Of my strength and wisdom spoiled;
    Seeing only in Thy light,
    Walking only in Thy might;
  4. Leaning on Thy loving breast,
    Where a weary soul can rest;
    Feeling well the peace of God
    Flowing from Thy precious blood.
  5. In this posture let me live,
    And hosannas daily give;
    In this temper let me die,
    And hosannas ever cry.

 








1 comment:

  1. Beautiful Song. Both my mom and I picked a hymn for each of my kids, that is "their" song. It's what we sing to calm them, or put them to bed. It's a really neat thing, because they learn it. When Stella was not quite 2 she would sing the chorus along with my mom.

    ReplyDelete